Thursday, October 28, 2010

Stepmatron

This project was funded by Lincoln City Council, it uses a pedometer (counts how many steps a person walks). This information is then displayed on the persons facebook app which could be seen by all their friends on the social network site. It was tested with 20 nurses and the results (Table Below) proved that it motivated the nurses to walk more to boast their results on the social network.


This showed me that multimedia can be utilized to motivate people to get fitter. This project was also basically what I was thinking of doing, so I'm going to try specify what kind of fitness I'm going to promote using multimedia. I'm going to go to the GYM and see if I can think of anything that could be utilized using multimedia to motivate people more to use it. I'm also going to discuss the subject with my martial art's instructor.



No comments:

Post a Comment